5 December, 2016
Posted in : Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, North Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Aloo Matar
- Potato – ½ Kg (peeled and chopped in to small pieces)
- Peas – 1 Cup
- Onion – 2 Medium (chopped)
- Tomato – 3 Large (puree)
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Oil – 3-4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 3-4 tsp (chopped)
- Water – according to need (for gravy)
- Heat oil in pressure cooker and add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and onions in to it. Once it becomes brown, add tomato puree to it and cook it until it start leaving oil.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala to it. Mix it well and add little water to it.
- Now add chopped potatoes and peas to the cooker and roast it well with masala. Stir it continuously for 2 minutes, so that masala does not get burn.
- It’s now time to add water to it (you can use water according to your need of gravy) and close the pressure cooker.
- Allow pressure cooker to take 2-3 whistles and switch off the flame. Open the cooker only once it releases its pressure completely.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and Aloo Matar is ready to serve now.
Serving Tip –
Serve aloo matar hot with tandoori roti or parathas.