6 December, 2016
Baingan ka Bartha
Posted in : Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, North Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Baingan ka Bartha –
- Baingan/egg plant – 1 large
- Onion – 2 medium (chopped)
- Tomato – 3 large (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2-3 glakes (chopped)
- Peas – ½ Cup
- Salt – according to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Oil – 3-4 tsp
- Coriander – 2-3 tsp (chopped)
- Wash and pat dry the baingan properly. Keep it for on medium flame and keep turning it after every 2-3 minutes so that it does not get burn and get cooked from all sides.
- Once it is cooked, place it cold water for cooling it and after 3-4 minutes start peeling the skin of baingan and clean it properly. Mash the baingan in a separate plate and keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, heat some oil and add chopped onions, green chillies to it. Saute it until it becomes golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato to the pan and also add peas and spices. Stir it continuously until oil separates and cover it with lid on lower flame for 4-5 minutes so that peas can get cooked. Check in between so that masala does not get burn.
- Once it is done its time to add mashed baingan to it. Mix baingan with masala properly and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Finally, garnish it with chopped coriander and baingan ka bartha is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve Baingan ka bartha with hot chapattis.