18 February, 2017
Bombay Masala Sandwich
Posted in : Breakfast recipes, Maharashtrian, Sandwiches, Snacks on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Bombay Masala Sandwich
- Bread Slices – 4
- Mint Chutney – 2-3 tsp
- Potato – 2 medium (boiled)
- Cucumber – 1 medium (sliced)
- Capsicum – 1 (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (sliced)
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Green peas – ¼ cup (boiled)
- Green Chillies – 1 (chopped)
- Salt – according to taste
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp
- Heat some oil in a kadai and add cumin seed to it. Once it start sizzling, add curry leaves, green chillies and ginger garlic paste to it.
- Now add salt and turmeric powder to it and mix it well. Mash the boiled potatoes on the on the other side and add to the kadai with green peas.
- Stir it continuously so that it can get mixed with the mixture. Add chopped coriander to the kadai and mix it again.
- Take two bread slices and apply green chutney on it. On the other two slices apply potato mixture. Now line the sliced cucumber, onion and capsicum on the potato applied bread.
- Cover it with other slice of bread which has green chutney applied.
- Heat the griller and apply butter on the top of the bread slice and place it on griller with buttered part on the lower side.
- Apply butter on the top part of the sandwich as well and close the griller for 2-3 minutes or until it turn golden crisp.
- Take them out on the serving plate and Bombay masala sandwich is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve sandwich with tomato ketchup for best taste.