17 December, 2016
Carrot Lentil Soup
Posted in : North Indian, Soups on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Carrot Lentil Soup
- Carrot – 3 large (chopped)
- Moong Dal (Dhuli or Chilka) – 4-5 tsp
- Onions – 1 medium (chopped)
- Garlic and Ginger paste – ½ tsp
- Water – 4-5 Cups
- Coriander – 2-3 tsp (chopped)
- Oil – 2-3 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Pepper – according to taste
- Take some oil in a pressure cooker and add ginger garlic paste and chopped onions to it.
- Saute it until it turn golden brown in colour.
- Now sometime add carrots, dal, water, salt and pepper in to it.
- Allow it to take 4-5 whistles and let it release the pressure on its own.
- Blend the mixture in to smooth mixture.
- Garnish the soup with chopped coriander leaves.
- Carrot Lentil soup is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Enjoy Carrot Lentil Soup with toasted bread for better taste.