22 January, 2017
Posted in : North Indian, Pickles on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Carrot Pickle
- Carrots – ½ Kg
- Mustard Oil – 200 gms
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Hing – ¼ tsp
- Fennel Seeds Powder – ½ tsp
- Methi Powder – ½ tsp
- Peel the carrots and wash them properly. Cut them from the top and from tail. Slice the carrots in desired length and shape.
- Let the carrots to dry properly. In a bowl, combine all the spices together except mustard oil.
- Now in a kadai heat the mustard oil and switch off the flame when the oil get cooked. After 5 minutes add all the spices to the oil.
- Take a glass jar and put carrots in to it. Add the oil and spices to it.
- Close the jar properly and shake it well. Keep the pickle under sun for 1-2 days and carrot pickle is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Always shake the jar properly before serving the pickle and enjoy carrot pickle with your meals.