22 March, 2017
Posted in : South Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Coconut Chutney –
- Coconut – 1 grated
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Roasted Peanuts – ¼ cup
- Water – ½ Cup
- Red Dry Chillies – 2-3 (chopped)
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 8-10 Leaaves
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Grind the coconut and roasted peanut together along with water and salt in to a smooth paste.
- Heat some oil in a small pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry chillies and curry leaves to it.
- Once it will start crackling it will give the nice aroma to the chutney. Switch off the flame after sauting for few seconds.
- Pour the tadka on the chutney and coconut chutney is ready to serve.
- For making green coconut chutney, you can add coriander leaves and mint leaves while grinding the coconut and other ingredients will remain same.
- And for making Red Coconut chutney, you can add tomato while grinding the coconut and other ingredients will remain same.
Serving Tip –
Serve the chutney with idli, dosa or vada.