23 January, 2017
Gobhi Gajar Shalgum Achaar
Posted in : North Indian, Pickles on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Gobhi Gajar Shalgum Achaar
- Cauliflower, Turnip and Carrot – 300gm each (cauliflower without stems only florets)
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Mustard Powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 200-300 ml
- Wash all the vegetables properly. Peel Carrot and turnip and chop them in desires shape.
- Dry the vegetables in sun for a day or two (until they get dried completely).
- Mix the mustard powder, 2 tsp of mustard oil, salt and chilli powder in a bowl. Mix the mixture onto the dried vegetables with hands.
- Spoon into a large, clean glass jar. Heat the mustard oil for 5-7 minutes or until it get cooked and then turn off the flame.
- When it get cool, pour it into the jar over the vegetables.
- Close the jar and keep in the sun for 2 days. Shake and mix well in between and Gobhi Gajar Shalgum Achaar is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve the pickle with paranthas, khichdi, Rice, Dal or anything you like.