8 January, 2017
Comments : 4 Posted in : Dessert, North Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Gulab Jamun
- Khoya – 100 gms
- Sooji – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 2 Cups
- Water – 2 tsp
- Crushed Cardamom Seeds – 2-4
- Oil – for frying
- Mash the khoya with your hands and add sooji, crushed cardamom seeds and baking powder to it. Knead it in to soft dough.
- Divide the dough in to small equal parts and roll them in to small ball shape.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and fry these balls on lower flame until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Drain the balls from the oil and keep aside till you work for the syrup.
- Now in another kadai, mix sugar and water on lower flame. Stir it continuously so that sugar get dissolve properly.
- Once it get dissolve, bring it boil on higher flame. Cook it until the syrup thickens and switch off the flame.
- Wait for the syrup to get cool and check how thicken it is (you can adjust the consistency by adding more water and cooking it more).
- It’s now time to add fried balls to the syrup. Let the balls soak the syrup properly for at least 1 hour and Gulab Jamun is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve them hot for better taste.