16 December, 2016
Hot & Sour Soup
Posted in : Chinese, Soups on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Hot & Sour Soup
- Carrots – 1 Cup (shredded)
- Cabbage – 1 Cup (shredded)
- French Beans – ½ Cup (chopped)
- Ginger and garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Water / Vegetable Stock – 2 Cups
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Chilli Sauce – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – according to need
- Pepper – according to need
- Spring Onions – 2 tsp (chopped) to garnish
- Butter – 2 tsp
Method Hot & Sour Soup –
- Heat some butter in a pan and add all the vegetable to it.
- Saute them for 4-5 minutes so that they can get cooked but do not overcook as the crunchy and munching state should remain there.
- Pour water or vegetable stock and mix it well. Add soya sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce, salt, sugar and pepper to it. Bring it boil and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, take some water and corn flour to it. Mix it well and pour it to the soup.
- Continue to cook the soup until it thickens. Garnish it with chopped spring onions.
- Hot & sour soup is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve soup hot in winters before meals.