11 January, 2017
Comments : 2 Posted in : Dessert, North Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Jalebi –
- Maida – ½ Cup
- Corn Starch – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – ¼ Cup
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Curd – ¼ Cup
- Sugar – ½ Cup
- Water – (for Syrup)
- Oil – for frying
- Sieve maida in a bowl and add corn starch, curd, turmeric powder, water and baking powder to it.
- Mix it well so there are no lumps into it and batter should have thick consistency. Leave the batter aside and cover it to ferment for almost 24 hours.
- For Syrup, in a large vessel take 1 cup of water and add sugar to it. Boil the water over medium flame until it become one string syrup.
- Now take the fermented batter and check its consistency (It should be thick and it should have dropping consistency.
- In shops, cloth is used to make jalebi but you can use empty ketchup bottle for making it. Pour the batter in to it.
- Heat some oil in a kadai for frying and once it get heated start making jalebis of your desired shapes (round shape is preferable).
- Fry them until it turn golden brown in colour while flipping 2-3 times. Once it is done, dip them in to sugar syrup for 1 minute and hot jalebis are ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve Jalebis hot with rabri for better taste.