31 January, 2017
Kamal Kakdi Pickle
Posted in : North Indian, Pickles on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Kamal Kakdi Pickle
- Kamal Kakdi / Lotus Stem – 1 Kg
- Mustard Oil – 150 ml
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Kalonji – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 3-4 tsp
- Take some water in a vessel and bring it to boil. Add lotus stem to it and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the lotus stem from the water and tap dry them with a clean cloth.
- Now in kadai, heat some mustard oil and all the spices to it.
- Mix them properly and add lotus stem to it. Stir it well and spoon fill to a glass jar.
- Pour lemon juice to the pickle and shake the jar properly.
- Keep the jar under sun for almost 15 days and Kamal Kakdi pickle is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve the pickle with paranthas, khichdi, Rice, Dal or anything you like.