30 March, 2017
Posted in : Dessert, Vrat on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Makhana Kheer –
- Makhane – 1 Cup
- Milk – 500 ml
- Desi Ghee – 4-5 tsp
- Dry Fruits of your choice – ½ Cup
- Chironji – 1 tsp
- Elaichi Powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 4-5 tsp
- Saffron – a pinch
- Take the 1 Cup of Makhana and cut the half makhanas in halves and leave rest half cup whole.
- Now mix the makhana cutted and full together and grind the half of it.
- Take left over makhanas and roast them in a kadai. Stir them continuously until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Once it is done keep them aside. In the same kadai, now heat some ghee and add dry fruits to it to get roasted.
- I have used almonds, cashewnuts and pistachios, once it is done keep them aside as well.
- In a pan, add milk and bring it to boil. After boiling the milk, lower the flame and add roasted makhana and grinded makana to it.
- Continue to cook kheer on lower flame until it becomes thicker. Stir it occasionally so that it does not get burn.
- When it start getting thicker, add sugar, elaichi powder to it and mix it well. Garnish the kheer with roasted dryfruits, Chironji and saffron and makhana kheer is ready to serve.
Serving tip –
Serve it warm or chilled with dryfruits on top of it.