5 October, 2017
Posted in : Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, North Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Malai Kofta –
- Crumbled Paneer-2 cups
- Bread slice-2
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Chopped Coriander Leaves -2 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder-1/4 tsp
- Oil-For Deep Frying
- Butter – 3 tsp
- Tomato – 3 (puree)
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 5 cloves (paste)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (paste)
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Clove – 1
- Cinnamon – a small piece
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients along with the bread slices to form soft dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and shape each portion into a ball.
- Deep fry the balls until golden.
- Keep it aside.
- Grind tomatoes to form puree.
- Heat butter and when it starts melting add cinnamon and clove.
- Add chopped onions and saute till golden. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Now add tomato paste along with the spices.
- Mix well and let it cook until dry. When butter starts floating, add enough water to bring it to gravy consistency.
- When it boils, add the koftas and coriander leaves and switch flame to low.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes and granish with grated paneer and coriander leaves.
Serving Tip –
Serve the malai kofta hot with chapattis or rice.