24 January, 2017
Posted in : North Indian, Pickles on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Mango Pickle –
- Raw Mango – ½ Kg
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Methi Seeds – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 200 gms
- Wash the mango and cut it in to pieces. Dry the mango pieces in sun for a day or two (until they get dried completely).
- Mix the mustard seeds, methi seeds, 2 tsp of mustard oil, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder in a bowl. Mix the mixture onto the dried mango pieces with hands.
- Spoon into a large, clean glass jar. Heat the mustard oil for 5-7 minutes or until it get cooked and then turn off the flame.
- When it get cool, pour it into the jar over the mangoes.
- Close the jar and keep in the sun for a week. Shake and mix well in between and mango pickle is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve the pickle with paranthas, khichdi, Rice, Dal or anything you like.