18 December, 2016
Moong Dal Soup
Posted in : North Indian, Soups on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Moong Dal Soup
- Sabut Moong – 1 Cup (washed)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Water – 4-5 Cups
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt – according to taste
- Pepper – according to taste
- Ginger and Garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Coriander – 2-3 tsp (chopped)
- Lemon Juice – optional
- In a pressure cooker, take 4-5 cups of water, salt, pepper and add moong to it. Pressure cook it for 4-5 whistles.
- Open the cooker once cooker releases its steam. Now blend the moong for few seconds so that it has the consistency of soup.
- Now, in a pan heat some 1 tsp of oil and add cumin seeds, hing and ginger garlic paste to it.
- Saute them for few seconds and add the soupy moong to it.
- Bring it to boil and garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add lemon juice too which optional. Moong Dal soup is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Enjoy this healthy soup if you are skipping your dinner during your diet plan.