28 January, 2017
Comments : 4 Posted in : North Indian, Pickles, Rajasthani on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Onion Pickle
- Onions – ½ Kg
- Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
- Methi Seeds – 2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Mustard Oil – 100 ml
- Peel the onions and clean them with dry cloth.
- Slit onion from the top from both the sides.
- Mix all the spices and seeds together and stuff the onions with the mixture.
- Now keep all the onions in a jar and pour mustard oil into it.
- Shake the jar properly so that onions can get mixed with the mustard oil.
- Keep the jar under sun for 2-3 days and onion pickle is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve the pickle with paranthas, khichdi, Rice, Dal or anything you like.