14 December, 2016
Posted in : North Indian, Soups on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Palak Soup
- Palak – 2 bunch (washed and cleaned)
- Salt – according to taste
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1-2 flakes (chopped)
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Butter – 1-2 tsp
- Water – 1 Cup
- Corn flour / Maida – 2 tsp
- Croutons – according to need (toasted bread in small square shape cuts)
- Take a pressure cooker and put palak, water, green chilli and some salt to it. Allow it to take 1 whistle and keep it aside.
- In a heated pan, add one tsp of butter and add corn flour and some milk to it.
- Mix it with a spoon until it turns in to a smooth paste and once it is done add the balance milk to it.
- Now grind the boiled palak and green chilli and mix it in to corn flour mixture. Bring it to boil and keep it aside.
- In another pan, add one tsp of butter and add onions and garlic cloves to it. Saute it properly and add it in to palak mixture.
- Bring it to boil again and add salt to the soup according to your taste.
- Garnish it with croutons. Palak soup is ready to serve now.
Serving tip –
Serve palak soup in winters before meals for good health.