10 December, 2016
Comments : 1 Posted in : Breakfast recipes, Maharashtrian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Pav Bhaji
- Potatoes – 2 medium
- Cauliflower – ½ Cup (chopped)
- Capsicum – 2 medium (chopped)
- Green Peas – ½ Cup
- Carrot – 1 medium (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 large (chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 3-4 tsp (chopped)
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2-3 tsp
- Butter – for serving on pav
- Pav – according to need
- Water – 1 Cup
- Take a pressure cooker and add water, salt to it. Now add cauliflower, potatoes, green peas and carrot in to the cooker and give it pressure of 2-3 whistles.
- Mash all the ingredients using vegetable masher according to the texture you want to keep.
- Now heat some oil in a pan and add onions and ginger garlic paste to it.
- Stir it continuously until it turns golden brown in colour and add tomatoes and capsicum to pan and stir them until they turn soft.
- It’s now time to add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and pav bhaji masala to it. Mix it well.
- Add ½ cup of water to it. Cook the masala for another 3-4 minutes and add all the mashed vegetables to it.
- Cook the bhaji for another 4-5 minutes and add lemon juice to it. Garnish it with coriander leaves and pav bhavi is ready to serve.
- On the other hand, on a tawa put some butter and shallow fry the pav from both the sides.
Serving Tip –
Serve hot pav bhaji with sliced onions and lemon.