3 October, 2017
Posted in : North Indian, Snacks on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Poha Cutlets –
- Poha – 1 cup
- Potatoes – 2 (medium sized)
- Chopped cashewnuts – 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Cooking oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 4 (finely chopped)
- Besan – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Wash and soak the poha for 4-5 minutes. Strain the poha of excess water in a strainer and keep it aside.
- Boil the potatoes with sufficient water. Once cooled down, peel the skin of the potatoes and grate them. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Once the seeds stop spluttering, add cumin seeds and saute till light brown. Add green chillies and chopped onions and cook till onions become translucent.
- Then add turmeric powder and besan and roast for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add the grated potatoes, soaked poha, chopped cashewnuts, chaat masala, lemon juice, salt and coriander leaves.
- Transfer the onion mixture to this and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape into a cutlet.
- Heat little oil in a pan on a medium flame for frying. Fry the cutlets on both the sides till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Take them out in an absorbent paper to remove the excess oil. Poha cutlets are ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve the poha cutlets hot or warm with green chutney or tomato ketchup.