24 October, 2017
Posted in : North Indian, Snacks on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Potato Lolipops –
- Boiled potato – 2-3 or 1½ cup
- Bread crumbs – ½ cup
- Onions – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 2-3 tsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Amchur powder or lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- MaidaM – 2 tsp
- Bread crumbs – ¼ cup
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Mayonnaise – 3 tsp
- Yogurt – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Black pepper – a pinch
- Fine chopped onions – 2 tsp
- In a small bowl, take maida and add little water at a time and make a smooth paste.
- Now, in a plate mix together bread crumbs, chilli flakes and oregano and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl grate potato and add onions, coriander leaves, bread crumbs, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, amchur powder and salt.
- Mix them nicely and make small size balls out of it.
- Now heat the oil at medium heat. Once you are ready to fry take potato balls dip them in maida paste.
- Take them out and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Now roll each ball between your palms so that bread crumbs sticks properly and don’t come out while frying.
- Fry them till they are golden brown and potato lolipops are ready to serve.
- To make a dip mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, sugar, onions till they are smooth.
Serving Tip –
Serve them hot and crisp with mayonnaise dip and ketchup.