23 December, 2016
Red Lentil Carrot & Tomato Soup
Comments : 38 Posted in : North Indian, Soups on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Red Lentil Carrot & Tomato Soup
- Red Lentil/Lal Masoor – 1 Cup
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomato – ½ Cup (puree)
- Carrot – 1 Cup (Chopped)
- Salt and Pepper – according to taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Water – 4-5 Cups
- Coriander – 3-4 tsp (Chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Cream – 2 tsp
- Heat some butter in a pressure cooker and add ginger garlic paste to it. After stirring it for 30-40 seconds add onion to it. Saute it until it turns golden brown.
- Now add tomato puree to it and stir it for some time and add lal masoor dal to it. Add salt and pepper to it.
- Add water to pressure cooker and allow it to take 2-3 whistles. Open the cooker only when it releases its pressure.
- Now blend the dal using blender and bring it to boil again.
- Now it’s time to add lemon juice to the soup and garnish it with coriander and fresh cream.
- Red Lentil Carrot & Tomato soup is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve Red Lentil Carrot & Tomato Soup hot with Garlic bread stick before meals.