24 March, 2017
Posted in : Breakfast recipes, South Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Rice Idli –
- Par-Boiled Rice – 2 Cups
- Urad Dal – ½ Cup
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
- Poha – 3-4 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Soak fenugreek seeds and urad dal in enough water for 4-5 hours.
- In another bowl, together soak the parboiled rice and poha in water for 4-5 hours.
- Once it get soaked, grind the fenugreek seeds and urad dal into smooth paste and separately grind the rice and poha in a coarse paste.
- Now combine both the mixtures and mix them well.
- Keep the batter aside for almost 12 hours so it can get fermented (warm place).
- Add the salt to the batter and mix it well. The batter is now ready to make soft idlis.
- Start pouring spoonful in to idli moulds and place it in to idli steamer. Steam the idlis for 10 minutes or until they get cooked.
- In microwave, you can cook the idli for 4-5 minutes. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining batter as well and rice Idli is ready to serve.