16 January, 2017
Posted in : Dessert, North Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
- Rice – ¼ Cup
- Milk – 3 Cups
- Sugar – ½ Cup
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
- Nuts (Almonds, Cashewnuts, Raisins) – ½ Cup (chopped)
- Saffron – few strands
- Wash rice and soak them for 2-3 hours.
- Take milk in a pan and heat it on medium flame. Bring milk to boil and add soaked rice to it.
- Stir it well and let it cook on low flame for almost half an hour. Do stir in between so that it does not get stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Cook it until rice get mixed with the milk. Add sugar and cardamom powder to the kheer and continue stirring it.
- After 5 minutes or when it get the right consistency, switch off the flame and garnish the kheer with saffron and chopped nuts.
- Rice kheer is ready to serve now.
Serving Tip –
Serve kheer warm or cold as per choice as dessert.