16 March, 2017
Sindhi Onion Koki
Posted in : Breakfast recipes, Sindhi on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Sindhi Onion Koki –
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt – according to taste
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Oil – 1-2 tsp
- Water – according to the need to bind the dough
- Green chillies – sliced thinly (or as per taste)
- Coriander – ½ cup (chopped)
- To knead dough, mix flour with salt, chopped onions, green chillies, coriander and add little water in to it and make soft dough. The flour should not be very tight and nor much sticky.
- Place tawa on the gas to get heated and make the small ball of dough with your hands in a size of a lemon and press all the onions in to it.
- Place ball on the board to roll it in the size of 5-6 inches using the rolling pin very gently. You can keep the thickness of it according to your choice. Repeat the process for complete dough.
- On the heated tawa, place the rolled paratha. Cook on medium flame for 1 minute and flip it to the other side, once it start changing its colour.
- You will notice few golden brown spots on the paratha. After cooking the paratha from downside, flip it again.
- Dribble some oil or ghee on the top of the paratha and flip once again. Let it get cooked for 1-2 minutes.
- Once done, cook it from other side again (It’s your choice if you want to trickle ghee or oil again). Sindhi Onion Koki is ready to serve now.
Serving Tip –
Serve it hot with curd and mint chutney to taste good.