1 December, 2016
Posted in : Breakfast recipes, Gujarati, Snacks on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Spongy Dhokla
- Besan – 3 Cups
- Curd – 1 ½ Cups
- Water – 1 ½ Cups
- Salt – according to taste
- Sugar – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda/Eno Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp for greasing
- Oil – 1 ½ tsp for tempering
- Sugar – 2 tsp for tempering
- Water – 1 Cup for tempering
- Green Chilli – 4-5 slit
- Coriander – ½ tsp (chopped)
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few leaves
- In a mixing bowl, add besan and curd to it and mix well. Now add water to the besan and curd mixture so that there should not be any lumps. Leave the batter for 3-4 hours for fermentation.
- After 3-4 hours, add salt, sugar, turmeric, ginger garlic paste and mix the batter well in to a smooth consistency.
- Now take a pan and grease it with oil (so that batter does not get stick to pan) and keep aside. In the batter, add baking soda or eno salt and mix gently. After mixing pour the batter immediately in to greased pan and do not fill it full as batter need space rise.
- Now, place it in to microwave for 4-5 minutes and once it is done check it with fork or toothpick if it is cooked properly. If it comes clear taking out, it means dhokla is cooked.
- Cut the dhokla pieces in to desired shape and place a kadai on high flame start preparing for seasoning.
- In the pan add oil and once it get heated add mustard seeds, curry leaves green chillies. Saute it for 30 seconds and add water and sugar kept for tempering.
- Once it start to boil pour the seasoning on the dhokla and finally garnish it with coriander. Spongy Dhokla is ready to serve now.
Serving Tip –
Serve spongy dhokla with mint chutney, Spicy red chilli chutney and tomato sauce for better taste.