15 September, 2016
For Sweet Daliya –
- Wheat bran (fada/cracked wheat) – 1 Cup
- Water – 1 Cup
- Milk – ½ Litre
- Ghee – ½ tsp (you can use little less ghee as taste but no more)
- Sugar – ½ Cup (as your taste)
- Cardamom Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Raisins – 4-5
- Cashew nuts – 4-5
- Almonds – 4-5
- Walnuts – 4-5
- Saffron – 2- 3 leaves or as quality….
Heat ghee in a pot over medium flame and add cracked wheat (daliya) and roast until it becomes light brown in colour. Add water to the daliya and cook it nicely, when u feel it’s done. Add saffron with milk and mix it well. Boil over low flame until fully cooked. Stir occasionally in between to prevent sticking. Add sugar and stir continuously until it becomes thick in consistency. Add cardamom powder, half of dry fruits (raisins, almonds, cashew nuts, walnut) and mix well. Now, the sweet daliya is ready to serve.
Garnish Sweet Daliya with the remaining dry fruits and serve hot or chilled.