19 December, 2016
Posted in : North Indian, Soups on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Tomato Soup
- Tomato – 4 (large)
- Garlic Cloves – 3-4 flakes (chopped)
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper – as per taste
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Water – 4-5 Cups
- Corn Flour – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tsp (chopped)
- In a pressure cooker, add water and tomatoes to it. Allow it to take 2-3 whistles and open only when it release its pressure.
- Take the tomatoes out and remove its skin. Grind the tomato with some cooked water of cooker in to puree.
- Heat some butter in a pan, add garlic and saute it until it turn brown. Now add tomato puree to it and add salt pepper to it.
- Add some water to the pan and bring it to boil. In a bowl, mix corn flour in 2 tsp of water and add to the boiling soup.
- Once the soup gets the proper consistency, remove it off flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Tomato Soup is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve tomato soup with toasted bread or fried croutons.