11 December, 2016
Comments : 1 Posted in : Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, North Indian on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Vegetable Biryani
- Cooked Rice – 1 Cup (boiled)
- Cauliflower florets – ½ Cup
- Potato – ½ Cup (chopped)
- Carrot and French Beans – ½ Cup (chopped)
- Onions – 1 medium (sliced)
- Peas – ½ Cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato – 1 large (chopped)
- Cloves – 2-3
- Curry Leaves – 10-12 leaves
- Salt – as per taste
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 2 flakes
- Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Refined Oil – 3-4 teaspoons
- Dry Fruits – 2-3 tsp (mixed)
- Water – 2 Cups
- Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tsp (chopped)
- Clean, wash and soak rice in 2 Cups of water for 30 minutes (Soaking time could vary according to the brand of rice you use).
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on low flame. Add Cumin seeds, cloves and curry leaves in to it. Once it start crackle, add onions, green chillies and ginger, garlic paste in to it. Mix and saute for 30-40 seconds till raw smell of ginger and garlic goes away.
- Now add tomatoes to it and cook it until it get properly cooked. Add all the vegetables to it and stir it until it get cooked.
- Put green peas, rice, salt, red chilli powder and garam masala in to it and mix well.
- Add cooked rice in to the masala and mix it with very light hands so that grains does not get break.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and garnish it with dry fruits and coriander leaves.
- Vegetable Biryani is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve the vegetable biryani with Cucumber Raita, Boondi raita, onion tomato raita, mint chutney etc.