30 November, 2016
Posted in : Chinese, Snacks on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Vegetable Chowmein
- Noodles – 1 Packet
- Onion – 1 Large (finely sliced)
- Cabbage – 1 (in shreds)
- Capsicum – 1 (finely sliced)
- Beans – 1/2 Cup (chopped)
- Carrot – 1 (in shreds)
- Spring Onions – 2 (finely chopped with green part)
- Oil – 3-4 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 ½ tsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Black pepper powder – ½ taste
- On high flame, place a vessel with enough water and add salt to it. When water start to boil add noodles to it to get boil. Boil noodles for 4-5 minutes or till the time it seems to be cooked. Make sure that the noodles do not get over boiled.
- Now, strain the noodles and run it through cold water 2-3 times. Drain the excess water out of it and keep it aside.
- In a kadai, heat some oil and onions to it. Stir them for 30-40 seconds and add all the veggies to it. Stir fry them for 2-3 minutes and add salt, red chilli powder and black pepper to it.
- Now add boiled Noodles to the kadai and mix slowly so that noodles does not get break.
- Add balance ingredients like chilli sauce, soya sauce and vinegar to the kadai (you can increase or decrease the quantity of vinegar and soya sauce according to choice). Mix all the ingredients well for a 30-40 seconds and vegetable chowmein is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with chopped green part of spring onions.
Serving Tip –
Serve Vegetable Chowmein hot during snacks time.