28 March, 2017
Posted in : Vrat on by : BabKin's Kitchen
For Vrat Aloo –
- Potato (boiled) – ½ Kg
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Kg
- Refined Oil – 2-3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Green Chilli / Dry Red Chilli – 1-2 (Chopped) – Optional
- Sendha Namak – according to taste
- Coriander Powder – ¼ tsp
- Black Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut in to desired shape.
- While boiling, do make sure that potato does not get overcooked and become mashed.
- Now take pan and heat some oil in it. Add cumin seeds and green chilli or dry red chilli to it and allow it to crackle.
- Put the diced potatoes to it and add all the masalas as well.
- Mix them well so that potatoes get properly coated with the spices.
- Let it fry for some time and then cover it with a lid.
- When potato turns light brown in colour, switch off the flame and vrat aloo is ready to serve.
Serving Tip –
Serve the potatoes with curd or hot pooris.